How to Manage Audits and Corrective Actions in Jira

tonya_bollman_eventbuilder_com January 8, 2021

I have heard from several companies that Jira allows you to manage audits and Corrective Actions. Can anyone give me a general idea of how that would work? For example, how would I manage nonconformities that require several steps to correct the root cause? How would I tie a Corrective Action back to a specific audit? Would each audit be set up as a sprint, or how?

2 comments

Comment

tom November 9, 2022

Bump

tonya_bollman_eventbuilder_com November 10, 2022

Hi Tom. I ended up figuring it out on my own. So first I created an Epic for each standard that my company is certified in. Then I created a new type of issue called an Audit Requirement. I created an Audit Requirement for each control in our standards, and tied them to the appropriate Epic. 

I created an Epic for each audit. For each requirement I wanted to audit for, I cloned the Audit Requirement, and set the audit as the parent of the cloned Audit Requirement. Then for each Audit Requirement, I added a comment with my plan for how to audit that control. When it's time to audit, I look at the Audit Requirements in that Epic, and investigate as per the How to Audit comment. I add comments to document my investigation for that control.

I created another new type of issue called a CPAR (acronym for Corrective or Preventive Action Request). I create a CPAR for each finding that results from the Audit, and make the Audit as the parent for that CPAR. Then I add tasks as children of the CPAR to correct the finding.

I hope this helps you. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events