How granular is your Service Desk Project? Dev Manager wants to track bug patterns

Mohsen Hafiz November 18, 2019

Initially adding a list of nearly two dozen "resolution" options for identifying issue causes such as:

Main categories of issues     Sub categories
ADB/Device communication problems    
ADB/Device communication problems    LIBUSB_ERROR
Feature Request    
incorrect device configuration/setup    
incorrect device configuration/setup    Device Reboot Required
incorrect device configuration/setup    Not setup correctly
incorrect device configuration/setup    Reset phone needed
incorrect device configuration/setup    Bad Cable
Application Issue    
Application Issue    REST API Issue
Application Issue    Phone sleeping
Application Issue    System hanging
Test Script Issue

My team and I are of the opinion that Service Desk is not the place for Engineering to try to analyze patterns for issues. Bug tickets in their own project in Jira seem like they would be a better place to do this. This list would just change and grow constantly. 

In my opinion Service Desk is not the right place for Engineering to do this analysis. Basically we would be doing the analysis for them instead of them doing it themselves.

1 comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2019

Why not a mandatory field on Bug issue types only? Long complex Resolution drop-downs are the quickest way to get fudged data IMO.

Mohsen Hafiz November 18, 2019

My thoughts exactly, hence why I was saying "Bug tickets in their own project in Jira seem like they would be a better place to do this." 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events