Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you log your work as a product manager?

Gergo Matyas October 21, 2022

Hey there,

I just want to collect some hints about logging my work. Our company uses time tracking, we log our work on Jira issues which can be challenging when you do general activities like following the community, reading announcements, overviewing product stats, and checking competitors. 

We created a few "container" issues where we can log meetings and other activities, but I don't find this effective.

Any best practices out there?

2 comments

Comment

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

Hi @Gergo Matyas 

In your case I would create in a project of mine (or in a company "general" project) some issues with the work you are doing most often, like the ones you are mentioning. And then I would simply log the time spent on each of this.

Like Gergo Matyas likes this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

I don't know if you use Tempo to track your time, but their best practice is using so-called "internal issues" for these:

https://www.tempo.io/blog/2016/manage-and-track-internal-work-with-internal-issues

So, pretty much what you're doing already.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events