Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you deal with users who are admins, and developers?

Benjamin Peikes March 1, 2022

I am an administrator for our Jira cloud instance. I'm also a developer that works on a subset of the projects that we have in Jira. The issue that I run into, is that when I log in as my user, I see everything. There is no way to switch roles.

Considering creating a second login for myself, i.e. XXadmin@mycompany.com, but that means paying for another user, and it seems a overkill.

How do others deal with this scenario?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022

Stop using the administrators group in project permissions.  Admins are admins because they are a member of a group that is flagged in global permissions to grant access to admin rights.  

It has nothing to do with project permissions, but a lot of people use the admin group in project permissions, and it grants access for the admins even when they have no need to be in the project.  If you remove that admin group access, the admins won't automatically get to see the projects any more (they can still get to the projects to do admin work on them though, via the admin UI)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events