How do you best organize iOS and Android development of the same board in Jira?

marco-vitesy March 30, 2020

Hi everybody,

I have a team of 8 developers who are working across different technologies (backend, iOS, android and web). We are using Scrum.

At the beginning I was using a board for each technology but it was so messy because of duplicate user stories across the various projects.

So I created a classic Scrum board to manage all the stories, bugs, tasks and subtasks. Even if I tried and read everything I'm still not sure my solution is the right one.

With this new solution now I have a story for each feature so the team can discuss an implementation in a single place. During the Sprint Planning we explode this story into different sub-tasks assigning each of them to a component (backend, iOS, android and web).

My problem is that I can't give story points to a story because it's not related to a single technology. I can't neither give story points to a sub-task. Every solution has his pro and cons and I don't know what is the best one.

So does any one suggest a good solution? I am curious how to best organize this in Jira, and I would love your input, and hear of your experiences.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events