Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assign a specific Customer Request Type to a Service Desk Agent by default?

Sara December 21, 2017

Hello Friends,

How do I assign a specific Customer Request Type to a Service Desk Agent by default? I actually can do through workflow, but all request types are assigned to only one issue types and one workflow, but i have total 24 customer request types in IT project portal.

When someone goes thru the portal and selects hardware or software request procurement tickets it goes unassigned into our IT queue and then our triager sometimes assigns it to a technican inadvertently and causes unneeded delay.
Can we auto-assign hardware tickets to XXX and auto-assign software tickets to YYY?

We are using Service Desk 3.2.7 (Server). Could anyone please suggest on this ?

assign.JPG

2 comments

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

If you aren't leveraging components you could use those. You could make components a hidden field with a preset value equal to your request type. This isn't "really" what components are designed for, but you can do auto assign with them.

There isn't a great way to accomplish this through a workflow. The only other option would be using Scriptrunner or Automation for JIRA. This isn't base functionality outside of components. 

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2018

What Kian said. OR you can upgrade your JSD to the latest version and use standard Automation engine:

automation.png

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2018

It's nice that the functionality exists by default now!

Sara January 22, 2018

Thank you @Kian Stack Mumo Systems and @Ivan Tovbin. Planning to upgrade JIRA and JSD.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events