Help With Queues and JQL

Danielle Mather January 31, 2019

Hello! I'm new to using JQL and I'm trying to build out queues for ServiceDesk. Couple of questions for the community:

1. Are there good resources for learning JQL? I've read some of the articles but have not had luck so far in creating a good statement.

2. My goal with queues is to create queues either by the Group or the Request Type. We created a bunch of request types and then put them in groups for the Portal. Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished? 

Thank you!  Danielle

3 comments

Dominik Žarković January 31, 2019

Hi,

Based on request types you can add field label on every request type and hide it. When you try to hide it you must set default value and set it specific for every request type. Then you can add queue project = something and label = chosen label.

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2019

Hi Danielle,

Atlassian has a great video series about JQL on their Training page.

Gain Project Insights Through JQL

Have a look at this blog post as well: 

Search JIRA like a boss with JQL

Here are two interesting references:

Advanced searching - keywords reference 

Understanding JQL performance

CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2019

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/understanding-jql-performance-740263450.html

This one might help understand functionality and performance issues.

CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2019

I agree with above person's link :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events