Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!! Email coming in with agent name and potentially suspicious

Danielle Mather February 22, 2019

Hey everyone!

I'm running into some issues with how the emails are sent to customers from JIRA and setting it as potentially suspicious and sending as the user who made the comment or change. I thought I had it resolved because I had set all settings to not include that but I did a test with a customer yesterday and it is showing again. See attached. I'm at a loss because this is over writing our outlook so if you start typing an end users name it shows up the jira address. 

previous test of email.PNGtest email with customer.PNGsystem setting.PNG

1 comment

Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

Hi @Danielle Mather ,

This is how JSD works. If a ticket gets created JIRA send an email on the behalf of the system for the ticket creation. If the ticket is assigned an agent and that agent makes a comment or closes the ticket, the customer will receive an email that "X Agent has comment, X Agent has move the ticket to closed".

Indeed the email address from where the email is coming it should be example@atlassian.net (the SMTP address of your instance).

Also verify with your local IT if the domain from your JIRA instance is whitelisted.

Danielle Mather February 25, 2019

Do you know why it would show up as potentially suspicious? It doesn't make sense that when a ticket is coming to me it never shows that but when it goes to customers in my same org it is showing up that way.

Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hi @Danielle Mather the warning comes because the reply comes from an atlassian domain (mail). Speak with your sysadmin to whitelist the Atlassian domain in Exchange (if you are using exchange). For you it doesn't show suspicious because you most probably marked the address as a safe sender.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events