Get Latest Release based on Component

VishalBabuKS July 11, 2022

Hi Jira Team,

In our project we have a requirement that tells us to take the number of tickets and number of bugs  from the latest release based on component. 

Here component means Web, Android, iOS.

I am using this below the jql

project =<projectname>and issuetype = bug AND fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion()
But the above jql provides the latest release which is the first record in the releases tab. But I need the latest release based on component.(Web, Android, iOS)
In the below screenshot, I need to get the count of tickets and bugs from the android and iOS releases. it should be latest one and not older release.
VersionStatusProgressStart dateRelease date

Testone-Web

RELEASED

27-Jun-22

27-Jun-22

Testrelease two- web

RELEASED

########

########

Testrelease three-android

RELEASED

########

Testrelease four-ios

RELEASED

########

########

Is there any way to get these results through API or JQL. Kindly help us on this.

1 comment

Comment

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2022

Hi @VishalBabuKS

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

If I understand your requirement right, you need a way to always list all issues which have been in the latest release based on a component like web, Android, iOS.

Are you naming the releases always as you've stated above so that they contain these components? I'd say that's what you need to do, because in Jira there's no relation between components and releases otherwise.

If you do it like that, you could write a script

1. which gets the list of releases (also called versions) and determine which one is the latest which contains your component.
  2. In a second step, you can query via JQL and include the determined version into your JQL.

Cheers,
Matthias.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events