We want to introduce Jira in our company. Meanwhile we're re-thinking our development- and release-processes. Jira basically fits all our needs, however, we have an idea in mind that goes further than the standard-functionality.
For every release/patch we have to:
- create release-notes (what changes were made)
- how to install / configure the new release/patch
- what artefacts (ie. executable, script etc.) are being issued with the new release/patch
- how to use new functionality
- which bugs were fixed
We want to use Confluence to build all those documentation. Its no problem to create pages for all that stuff manually - BUT - we want the pages to be created automatically! If we create a new release in Jira, Confluence should:
- create a new release-notes-page (and every time a new Jira story/bug is added to this release a new sub-page should be created in Confluence)
- copy the "old" user-manual to a new version
- create a new installation-notes-page (and every time a new Jira story/bug is added to this release a new sub-page should be created in Confluence)
In general: the structure of the user-manual, the installation-notes and the release-notes should be generated automatically by Jira, for each release!
I know that there is a Jira-Plugin in Confluence, but it does nothing more than displaying a link to a story in Jira. So its useless for us.
And there are also other plugins like PageMe! (Jira) and Scroll Versions. I kinda need a combination of those. When you click "PageMe!" in a Jira-story it should create a page in Confluence in the corresponding (scroll-) version-page of this release. We could also develop our own plugin (or a plugin based on scroll-version), however, we dont want to develop Jira-plugins as we do have enough work beside...
Does anyone of you guys how to do this? Do you use this Jira-Plugin intensely? How do you create your user-manuals - automatically or manually - and which tools do you use? Maybe something else than Confluence?
I'm looking forward to a interesting discussion!
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in talking to 20 people planning t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs