Future topics for University training

Gary Barg
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2018

We’d like a pulse on the training content you’d like to see from University. In the past, we’ve developed a tutorial series on JQL and will start work on Kanban content, both topics resulting from customer feedback. Think of both self-paced tutorials and even longer full-blown webinar type courses.

3 comments

Comment

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2018

Hi @Gary Barg,

I think it's a great idea to ask here in the community about that, thanks.

It would be great if there could be some more content about Jira Service Desk, for example SLAs and Reporting there, as it differs from Jira Software.

And next to Jira, I think content for Bitbucket and Bamboo would be great.

Gary Barg
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2018

Got it, thank you.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2018

I'd like to suggest something sort of quiz after every chapter for a quick assessment . It keeps us motivated :p

Gary Barg
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2018

Got it and... actually done. We incorporate quizzes in all training we do. Agree, great motivators and learning checks.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 9, 2018

I have been doing a lot of Atlassian training recently. Here are a couple of general comments:

• It would be great to be able to see the total length of the video. There is a visual guide bar but this does not help me identify if I have time to watch the video before my next meeting.
  • It would be great to be able to see, on pause, where you are in the video. There is a visual guide bar but this does not help me find my place if I have to stop a webinar partway through at the end of a workday.
  • Later videos automatically move to the next section which is much better than the older videos where you need to click on the next and play buttons between each section.
Gary Barg
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2018

Thanks for your feedback Kat. 

Are you watching the OnDemand classes or the self-paced tutorials?

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 12, 2018

Both. I am working through partner accreditation, with only one certification to go before I get Technical Sales completed. The self-paced tutorials work much better for me than the OnDemand classes as I tend to do many small study sessions rather than block out a day or half a day to focus on study.

Gary Barg
Atlassian Team
August 13, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are kinda stuck with not being able to show a total progress bar for these tutorials since we use a per topic progress bar - can only use one type. We do tell you in the description of each tutorial, what the length is, so that gives you a good idea of total length of each tutorial before you start. We will be developing more content in straight video this coming year, and those will have a traditional progress slider as you describe. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events