Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Full Internal Software Catalog

Hello, community!

Does anyone know of a good way to create an internal software catalog and/or request portal? I've bounced around a few communities and haven't found much info on the subject matter. So, I'd figure I's ask the community. We're hosting on Jira-Cloud.

Some additional details/requirements;

1. An internal-page where our employees can request software/services that our IT team offers
  2. Approval workflow to request approval from stakeholders for new requests
  3. Automated procurement and deployment of the software to the user. (Maybe using an MDM or something of that sort.)
  4. Able to track requests on a per-user and per-department base that would allow for some reporting as to which departments are using the most of our licenses, or requesting things the most. 
  5. Ability to track which users have what software installed. Possibly in hand with an MDM solution like JAMF, Intune, or Qualys.

I've seen things like Insight be suggested, or the term "CMDB." I wanted to post this question out there to see if anyone has found a good way to achieve something similar. 

TL;DR - A process for users to request software/service, log a ticket with approval, then automatically deploy the resource to the user once approved. Has anyone achieved something like this in Jira?

Thanks!

2 comments

Checkout for Jira Service management is what you want to look at. We created it for exactly this reason in the past year. It includes and asset management that allows your to track who the asset is assigned to. 

Like # people like this

Dear Jeret,

I'm also looking for a solution to the requirements you raised. In fact Insight is very powerful and I know some Jira on Premise environments which extensively use Insight as a CMDB. I also used the Automation features of Insight quite heavily to trigger changes in the environment through changes in the CMDB, including backup, server deployment and configuration management.

As far as I know in Jira Cloud Insight is also available and offers most of the features available on Prem. I'm actually evaluating the Jira Cloud environment for a customer. However the integration with Jira seems to be very weak in comparison. I'm trying to get in contact with Atlassian or the Insight product team. Hopefully I'm able to share some news soon.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you