we need to implement a classification of jira worklogs for reporting.
some example reports may be:
* distinguish between billable and not billable hours,
* hours spent according to activities (analysis, development, testing, ...),
* hours spent on bugs reported by customers vs. found internally
* hours covered by a contract (internal hours, covered by contract, not covered but paid, covered and unpaid)
that's why we need to classify the worklogs in more dimensions.
for the activities (analysis, design, implementation, testing, ...) we plan to use attributes (tempo work attribute or issue custom field).
for the other reports we need to distinguish whether the work is paid by the customer or is internal. we have come with 2 solutions:
1. distinguish the type of work by the issue type (e.g. Bug/Incident is internal cost, support activities are paid, work on change requests is paid, ...), which implies to have multiple issue types (> 10) in every project
2. distinguish the type of work by custom field attributes in combination with issue type
we're not in agreement which one would be better for us, so i'd like to hear your opinions and arguments on what solution you'd prefer or which approach did you choose for similar use case.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events