Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Favorite feature on Jira

Hi everyone!
Do you use the option Reminder during your workflow? If not, let me introduce its advantages and make you change your mind!
First of all, it helps me stay focused on higher-priority tasks.

Secondly, I manage my tasks more effectively and never miss the deadline. 

And last but not least, I have easy access to all issues with reminders set for a specified period of time.

And the best thing is, it's very easy to use. Two clicks, and your reminder is set!

1 comment

Hi, 

in the past I went with Emails as well, but after a few years it was just getting to much. I am now using Dashboards for pretty much everything. 

At the start of my workday I check my board with the following filters:

• Assigned to me and updated in the last 7 days -> assignee = currentUser() AND updated >= -7d AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY updated ASC
  • Mentions in the last 14 days -> comment ~ currentUser() AND updated >= -14d ORDER BY updatedDate
  • Commented by me in the last 14 days -> issueFunction in commented("after -14d by currentUser()'")
  • Due in the next 5 days -> assignee = currentUser() AND duedate >= 7 AND resolution = Unresolved
  • Assigned to me -> standard gadget

This way I can pretty much ignore all the mails of the projects that love to work with Emails. 

Of course this is only a good way to work if one is using Jira every day. If someone doesn't check Jira regularly, Emails are still a better way.  It's just one other way of working. 

Like Ruslana Smirnova likes this

Good point! Thank you for sharing. 

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you