Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite feature on Jira

Ruslana Smirnova June 23, 2021

Hi everyone!
Do you use the option Reminder during your workflow? If not, let me introduce its advantages and make you change your mind!
First of all, it helps me stay focused on higher-priority tasks.

Secondly, I manage my tasks more effectively and never miss the deadline. 

And last but not least, I have easy access to all issues with reminders set for a specified period of time.

And the best thing is, it's very easy to use. Two clicks, and your reminder is set!

1 comment

Comment

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi, 

in the past I went with Emails as well, but after a few years it was just getting to much. I am now using Dashboards for pretty much everything. 

At the start of my workday I check my board with the following filters:

• Assigned to me and updated in the last 7 days -> assignee = currentUser() AND updated >= -7d AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY updated ASC
  • Mentions in the last 14 days -> comment ~ currentUser() AND updated >= -14d ORDER BY updatedDate
  • Commented by me in the last 14 days -> issueFunction in commented("after -14d by currentUser()'")
  • Due in the next 5 days -> assignee = currentUser() AND duedate >= 7 AND resolution = Unresolved
  • Assigned to me -> standard gadget

This way I can pretty much ignore all the mails of the projects that love to work with Emails. 

Of course this is only a good way to work if one is using Jira every day. If someone doesn't check Jira regularly, Emails are still a better way.  It's just one other way of working. 

Like Ruslana Smirnova likes this
Ruslana Smirnova June 24, 2021

Good point! Thank you for sharing. 

Like Carla Gray likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events