Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop use of term "project"

Deleted user June 9, 2021

I do not want to see the word "project" being used in Jira. How can this be renamed to product or value stream or initiative or something else?

To be clear - I am not talking about renaming a project - I am talking about not having the terminology PROJECT shown anywhere in my Jira instance. I want to refer to something other than projects.

"please advise"

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Not going to happen on Cloud.

On both server and cloud, you could set the system to use a different language, and you can create "language packs" that would enable you to use a different word (so you could do things like offer people the option of English, English-US, English-without-project), but you can only install those on Server.  Atlassian are not going to install a modified English pack on Cloud unless there's a very good reason for it.

What's wrong with "project"?  What would you replace it with that still suggests to an English speaker that it is a project as Jira sees them.

Deleted user June 9, 2021

product or value stream or initiative or something else... I'll take banana too if it is on offer

to move away from project thinking completely

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Changing the name of something is not going to help you change the thinking or what it is. 

Even if it could help, you'd need to choose a good replacement word or phrase, and I can guarantee you that you're going to still have projects in there, and calling the "value streams" is going to be incorrect.  (Initiatives is worse, it has a specific meaning for objects that are definitely not projects).  Banana is just as useful - you're going to have projects labelled as bananas when they're not.

But, anyway, my answer still stands - can't be done on Cloud, and Atlassian are unlikely to change it until there's a lot of demand and a better word than "project".

Deleted user June 10, 2021

I'd also prefer to have this configurable. We are not working on the projects in the most of software development world. But yes, it is not a huge issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2021

So what word or phrase would you use instead?

Deleted user June 14, 2021

If not configurable? Hard to say, product would be confusing for some people too. Value Stream even more so. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events