Don't create tickets if the Summary contains [EXTERNAL]

Madhu Reddy December 18, 2019

My Service Desk will get tickets via Fresh desk and their Support email is involved in the ticket. 

Due to this my service desk is creating Duplicate tickets whenever Freshdesk email replying on the email thread. 

How to restrict it. 

Fresh desk replies comes with the subject [EXTERNAL]..

So I want to Exclude tickets with such content in the summary.

Thanks in Advance

2 comments

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

Not sure what apps you have installed but I'm guessing you could intercept the incoming ticket and block them on the initial transition?

There you could either set a condition/validator or whether you have scriptrunner or another automation app you could block them all together from ever being created.

Without more information regarding your environment this would be my initial thought.

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

To be able to have a granular control over what email to accept and reject, you can use an add-on to do this.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

You can utilize a regex and then filter out text in the subject or even body.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events