cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delegation

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

Can we do delegation in JIRA if no is there any way?

please explain.

For details related to my question:

For example i have one approver for an issue or request.

He/she is on vacation. Before going on vacation the user should be able to delegate his approval authority to another person.

3 comments

Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

There are 2 ways to look at it:

1. You can either use bulk change to change the authorized user to someone else. But that would remove the original authorize user (who is going on vacation) from that issue
  2. Create a custom field "Delegated to" and create a self-transition with a screen that has this field. Only the authorized users should have access to this transition. They can add user in "Delegated to" field while going on leave. Make sure, Authorized users and "Delegated to" has the same permissions.
Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2019

Thanks will try this option.

regards, 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

Hey Sarmad,

For the reason you outlined, we always make sure that our "approvers" field is a multi-user field and it is populated with a group of directors all of which have the authority to make the transition. 

We also use the component field to determine which of the approvers if should be assigned to by default, but any other director and take ownership and approve if the person assigned by default is out of the office.

Just something else for you to consider.

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2019

@Fahad Siddiqui Hey, there! I'm going to go ahead and move this question to the Jira collection, so that you can get the best responses. 😄

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

Dear @Erica Moss 

thanks this will help me a lot. Also another thing i have some more good and valuable suggestions related to JSD , were i can post them in helping Atlassian for more enhancement on products.

can you show me the right way.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2019

Another option would also be the Herzum Approval app. I am not affiliated with them in any way, but we do use their app as it allows you to do approvals with non service desk projects. It is also a bit more feature rich than the built in approvals .... one of the features being delegation.

Like Antonella Capalbo likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events