Customer Portal : improvement to adding attachments

John Evans April 17, 2018

I 'm rolling out service desk to my customers at the moment.  One question on the customer portal : if a customer drags and drops an attachment into comment box, it automatically adds (sends comment) . If customer wants to add multiple attachments, and does it serially, it creates a comment for each attachment - unless drop all in at once.

So , if customer grabs a schematic for example, and puts into comment box, the system does not wait for user to add any text.

Anyone else see this issue ? I would expect that if you drag & drop an attachment, you still have to hit the "add" button to effectively submit the comment.  

Thanks John

2 comments

Tzu Hau Chai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

this is how it should look like if you drag and drop multiple attachments, it shouldn't add a comment for each attachment. How does it look like on your end?

attach.PNG

John Evans April 17, 2018

Thanks, it does look like this. the issue is that as soon as you drag and drop, it instantly sends - I'd like the user to be able to add some comment and then press 'Add'...

BR jon

Tzu Hau Chai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

If you look at the screenshot, I can still add my comments in the comment box before clicking "add". Could you capture a short video clip?

John Evans April 18, 2018

JSD_Issue.JPG

here's the issue : as soon as I hit 'upload' to the attachment - a picture, it immediately posts the comment as soon as upload has finished : the add button is gone... seems to be automatic. Thanks John

Tzu Hau Chai
Atlassian Team
April 18, 2018

That looks like you have a customized theme from a plugin, have you tried disabling the plugin and see if the problem still persists?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events