Custom Fields for Sprints

Gene Schulze March 4, 2021

There are several threads that discuss this issue but they are a few years old. I don't think this is possible, but would like to confirm.  I'd like to know if I can create a custom field for sprints (not issues).  The use case is that we want to track the head count for each team for each sprint (it can vary slightly sprint to sprint)  That way you can do sprint reporting based on team size. TYIA

2 comments

Comment

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

No, you cannot create a custom field for the sprint, custom fields are only for issues. A workaround would be to use the sprint goal field to track the head count, but you would not be able to report on it.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Gene Schulze 

One work-around for no sprint-level custom fields is entity properties.  You may manage them with automation rules, the REST API, or by using an add-on from the marketplace.  Please look here to learn more about this feature:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/jira-entity-properties/

Best regards,

Bill

Like Gene Schulze likes this
Gene Schulze March 5, 2021

Thank you for your response @Bill Sheboy .  I was hoping for something a little simpler, but I'll take what I can get,

- Gene

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Albert Hbrls November 29, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

I've tried `PUT /rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintId}/properties/{propertyKey}` from rest api doc . But it does not work.

curl --request PUT \
--url 'https://{}.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/2/properties/kcp' \
-d '{ "hello": "world" }' \
--header 'Authorization: Basic {}' \
--header 'Accept: application/json'
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events