Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Fields for Sprints

There are several threads that discuss this issue but they are a few years old. I don't think this is possible, but would like to confirm.  I'd like to know if I can create a custom field for sprints (not issues).  The use case is that we want to track the head count for each team for each sprint (it can vary slightly sprint to sprint)  That way you can do sprint reporting based on team size. TYIA

2 comments

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Mar 04, 2021

No, you cannot create a custom field for the sprint, custom fields are only for issues. A workaround would be to use the sprint goal field to track the head count, but you would not be able to report on it.

Hi @Gene Schulze 

One work-around for no sprint-level custom fields is entity properties.  You may manage them with automation rules, the REST API, or by using an add-on from the marketplace.  Please look here to learn more about this feature:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/jira-entity-properties/

Best regards,

Bill

Like Gene Schulze likes this

Thank you for your response @Bill Sheboy .  I was hoping for something a little simpler, but I'll take what I can get,

- Gene

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you