cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Reports using Jira API

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi Community,

I would like to get some insight on the various use cases and how a user can get some stats out of Jira Cloud Instance. currently the only way to access Jira Cloud and get out data into another application is via API and to create reports that are tailored to your needs, you have to use and combine lots of the API endpoints.

I made a small library here titled jiraone written in python, however for me to know what type of reports users are looking forward to, I need some insight. I made some common examples of reports that some users might be asking for and all the output are in csv format.  Please let me know in the comment section what specific report would be nice to have and I'll see how I can script that to the library.

1 comment

Comment

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Prince Nyeche 

Thanks for this contribution!  Who do you see as the primary audience for this library: site admins, project admins, and/or any users?

Best regards,

Bill

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Thanks for your comment.I see basically site-admins or Project admins only using it to collect data from their Instances. I was thinking in the areas of when they simply want to know what's going on within a Project without navigating and checking each item one by one.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2021

I believe you began to answer your own question about reporting ideas.  ;^)

• What do I regularly check as a site admin that I wish was in a report/dashboard?
  • What do I regularly check as a project admin...?
  • What do I check once a year as a site admin to prep for license updates, and which I might forget how to do?
  • What actions do I regularly do which I'd like to automate (make simple) by wrapping the REST API?
  • And so forth...
Like Prince Nyeche likes this
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2021

Thank you @Bill Sheboy this helps a lot in knowing what to add on next in my examples. Appreciate it.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events