Create a New Queue

vivian.angelino-corbett May 11, 2020

Hi there, what access level is required in order for a user to be able to create a New queue in JIRA?

Thanks!

4 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

The user must be a Service Desk Agent.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

The user would need to be able to Administer projects permission.

Thank you for the information. I'll let the user know. :) 

Jack - I added the user to jira_administrators and she is UNABLE to create the new queue.  

Can you tell me what is I can do to help her? She did have permission just last week.... Thx

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2020

Please check project settings > permissions and see if the individual is in a group/role for Project admin.

vivian.angelino-corbett May 12, 2020

it shows she is a project administrator for "Engineering" but not "Support" 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

What are “engineering” and “support” are they projects? Can you share an image of the permission scheme (admin) for the project where you want the user to have create queues capability?

Tanya C May 12, 2020

Creating a Queue is allowed by the Project Administrator Role.

Seeing the Queues view requires the person be a member of the Service Desk Team Role and/or in the Agent View Permission.

References:  

It shows she is a project administrator for "Engineering" but not "Support" 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR help with this! :)

Tanya C May 12, 2020

My pleasure!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2020

@vivian.angelino-corbett Just going to move this to the Jira collection so that folks can reference it in the future. 😄

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events