Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaboration with customers on Jira and Confluence

Jürg Kaufmann June 18, 2018

We use Jira and Confluence to work on customer and internal projects. When we work on a customer project we try to use the customer's Jira/Confluence but every once in a while the clients demand that the project should run over ours.

Therefore we do encounter quite some challenges:

• Permission schemes (only for us / for us and the customer but no other customer)
  • Also after a project ends, we provide the customer with all the documentation and this would be awesome if you could just export an whole space or project

Since at least for the second point - Jira/Confluence has no option yet (at least to my knowledge) How do you guys handle case like described above?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

KR

Jürg

1 comment

Comment

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

Hi @Jürg Kaufmann,

for the permission schemes, I would suggest to create a customer-role and create/edit a permission scheme and add the customer role to the permissions your customers should habe.

Then you can add your customers in the projects where they should have access to that role, then they can see only that projects (if you make sure, that they are not added to any other projects before).

At least confluence has an export-capability, with which you can export a complete space to pdf for example and it will keep the formatting etc. You can also edit the templates, to have it look the way you want it.

Hi @Bastian Stehmann

Thanks a lot for this advise. Just so I get this correctly: I should create a customer-role for every customer, right? Otherwise customers could see each other's projects when the role is assigned to multiple users?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

Hi @Jürg Kaufmann,

no, you just need one customer role, because you can decide per project, which users should be in that role.

For example, you have this:

Customer AAA has users A, B, C, D

Customer BBB has user E, F

Customer CCC has user G, H, I

If you have Project X with customer AAA, you just add A, B, C, D to the project role customer in that project.

For Project Y with customer AAA and BBB, you add A, B, C, D, E, F to the role in that project

For Project Z with customer CCC, just add G, H, I to that role.

A,B,C,D will be able to see Project X and Y.

E and F will be able to see Project Y only and G,H,I will be only see Project Z.

Hi @Bastian Stehmann

Thanks a lot for the clarification. That is a very good way to go about with this.

So again Bastian, thank you for the fast and straight forward feedback!

Have a good day.

KR

Jürg

Paulo Alves June 18, 2018

Hi Jürg Kaufmann,

Regarding your second topic, I'm not sure if Jira provides a way to fully export a project with a sense of beauty. But there's an app called Xporter - Export issues from Jira that you can define templates and export issues in multiple formats.

Kind regards,
Paulo Alves.

Hi Paulo

Thank you for the imput.

I will have a look on it.

KR

Jürg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events