Cloud to Data Server Migration

venkateswarlu August 21, 2019

I'm facing the difficulties while doing unzip the backup file of Cloud instance.

1 comment

Comment

Amith Mathur _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Hi @venkateswarlu 

Are you getting any error message ? On your local machine, how are you extracting the back up file ?

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

I have taken a backup zip file and downloaded it in cloud .

But I'm unzip that file I has been showing Activeobject.xml & entities.xml files so how can I restore those files in our jira server?

Amith Mathur _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Hi @venkateswarlu , 

Yes, the backup will contain both the files. You need to import that into the Server instance. You can follow the instructions as described in this page.    

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Hi Amith,

I have already visit that page but I'm not able to understand different points....

1. While unzip that backup file it gives Activeobject.xml & entities.xml as different files.

2. when I restore in Jira server system how can I give those files paths(Activeobject.xml & entities.xml).

3.That page has been saying that after restore the backup file then we have to reset the users passwords. What is this?

Could you please give detailed information on this task as soon as possible because our cloud licence is going expire very soon.

Tushar.Kamble August 21, 2019

Hi,

The username and password will be "sysadmin". Try this.

~Tushar

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events