Canned Responses

Andrii November 10, 2017

Capture.jpg

Hi there!

Please help me to add the menu in which I can customize my canned responses.

As I know, this menu should be just right at that area which I marked on picture.

Please help me ASAP!

4 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

Are you on Cloud, or Server?  If Server, what version is it?

Damian Skrodzki December 7, 2017

Hi Andrii,

built-in canned responses are not available on Jira Cloud. I can propose you our add-on which does almost the same but has more features. I have no knowledge of any similar solution that integrates with Jira. Just give it a try:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.spartez.jira.plugins.commenttemplates/cloud/overview

and resign if you don't like it.

PS. I work for Spartez and I'm one of the developers behind this app :)

PS2. I also wrote a Chrome Extension to work-around technical possibilities and have even better integration with the native comment box. This is how it looks like with the extension installed:

Pasted_Image_07_12_2017__10_58.png

Pasted_Image_07_12_2017__11_01.png

Cheers,
Damian

Vladimir Chebanenko December 5, 2018

Why this functionality is not available for Cloud version? When it would be available for Cloud version? 

Damian Skrodzki December 6, 2018

Hi, currently there are no official plans for doing this, you can track it's status on Atlassian's issue here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-631

Like Alexej Hinz likes this
Daniel.Tan April 1, 2021

Hi Atlassian, I installed the extension for canned responses. Once I did so, I lost the ability to filter / sort comments which was also part of the previous upgrade which I really liked.

I think we're on the cloud version -- I access it online not sure how i can check

Shandy Tailor October 17, 2022

We're on the cloud Jira and feature gone *sadly*
Came to use Jira Service Desk this morning and discovered 'Canned Responses' have gone when responding from right-hand panel (Caption #1) - they're there only when replying to users (caption #2) - It was there last week, so no more ability to respond to tickets quickly :(
CaneedResp#1.jpg
CaneedResp#2.jpg

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events