Can someone call me ASAP?

Mua Ly March 29, 2021

Questions:

1. Can we rename the Priority field to Severity?
  2. Need to find out if there are separate fields for saving name, email and number; it’s terrible to have to put all of this in a free form field
  3. We need to know everything about their email integration
  4. Does their next higher version of Jira SM provide for more email integration functionality?
  5. Can we assign a ticket to a group called Level 2, and in Jira the Level 2 personnel would be able to see the tickets assigned to that group, and they would “pull” the ticket from the group…..and basically assign it to themselves?

5 comments

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2021

Is this for Jira Server/Data Center. or Cloud? Also, this is a community support site, meaning other Atlassian product users answer questions. It is not Atlassian support. I would be glad to help, but just so you realize this is not Atlassian' support portal.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi @Mua Ly ,

Sorry, but no one is going to call you - that's not how Atlassian Support works. And it sure isn't how the Atlassian Community works. 

And it's probably best to break up your questions into separate posts in the appropriate product discussion area. This one is for persons in the Community who provide answers to other questions to be able to share. 

So, I would suggest you create additional questions in the Jira or Jira Service Management product area to get your questions answered better. 

I hope that helps a little. 

Like # people like this
Mua Ly March 29, 2021

Well we have a dead line to meet on April 8th and these questions need to have answers for them.  We are new to Atlassian and yes we do have ton of question.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi Mua, as I mentioned to you in another post you really should consider help from an Atlassian Partner if you have that many questions and such a tight timeline. However, TBH, I’m doubtful that you could secure a partner and hit your April 8 date unless your immediate needs are reasonable. Still you best option possibly. 

Like # people like this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2021

In the interests of full disclosure I will up front declare that I work for Adaptavist a Platinum Partner of Atlassian. 

Here are some suggestions of places that may help you answer your questions. 

If you are wanting to make a lot of customisations to the Atlassian product it is possible that a local partner using https://www.atlassian.com/partners

Alternatively there is training available from Atlassian at https://www.atlassian.com/university which will introduce and provide a deeper understanding of the ways of working with each Application. 

It is also worth reviewing content on Udemy, LinkedIn, youtube as well just be wary of any that are on older versions. 

Like # people like this
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2021

Hello @Mua Ly

Here are the answers to your questions in a cloud instance.

1. Can we rename the Priority field to Severity?
    • No, it's not possible. You can create a custom field and Rename to Severity, and using Jira Automation copy the values.
  2. Need to find out if there are separate fields for saving name, email and number; it’s terrible to have to put all of this in a free form field
    • Use custom fields with single text line (255 characters) to generate this need of business/report
  3. We need to know everything about their email integration
    • You can use advanced search in Jira (JQL) to find emails and/or you can look on the customers of JSM to see the tickets opened by that email
  4. Does their next higher version of Jira SM provide for more email integration functionality?
    • This is already exists. See the "Receiving requests by email" in this Link 
  5. Can we assign a ticket to a group called Level 2, and in Jira the Level 2 personnel would be able to see the tickets assigned to that group, and they would “pull” the ticket from the group…..and basically assign it to themselves?
    • No, a issue can have only ONE assignee. but  you can assignee the issue using to one group of users using the automation, below, I send the 3 types of configuration that automation supports has for this configuration (Link )
      • Balanced Workload: Ensures that each user in the list has the same number of issues assigned.

• Random: Assigns randomly from the list of users.

• Round-Robin: Assigns issues based on the sequence in the list of specified users.

Best regards

Like # people like this
Chrissy Clements March 29, 2021

Hey Mua, 

1. You can create custom fields such as severity, but the priority field is generally used for a service desk because of ITIL standards; an incident's priority is usually determined by assessing its impact and urgency against a priority matrix.
  2. Again, you can create custom fields for this or you can go one step further and pull in info from your CMDB.
  3. Can you elaborate on this?  For us, we have a domain name support email address that our users can email and it auto creates tickets.
  4. Again, I'm not sure what feature you are missing.
  5. JSM has the concept of queues and they are driven by filters, so in a roundabout way, yes you can do this.

I hope this helps :) 

C

Like Dave Liao likes this
Mua Ly March 31, 2021

Another question:

1. We asked Atlassian, “Does their next higher version of Jira SM provide for more email integration functionality?
    1. Atlassian said, “This is already exists. See the "Receiving requests by email" in this Link 
    2. Tommy: Go to that link. It says, “Set up a suitable request type with Summary and Description as required, visible fields. Any other fields must be optional.” 
    3. What does “any other fields must be optional” mean? It seems to imply that they can pick up other information from the email. This is important to investigate.

Please response tot he question number 3 above.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

It means that you can not set fields other than summary and description as mandatory (this is because the email reading process has no way to know what to set them to)

Mua Ly March 31, 2021

thanks .

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events