Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar for JIRA: TODO

Alex (Doitb)
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2018

Hello, Community!
I'm a developer of the plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/doitbetter.calendar/cloud/overview

Do I want to ask you, what functionality needs to be implemented first of all, in order to make the plugin interesting for you?

3 comments

Comment

martijnhartlief February 5, 2021

First of all thank you for the plugin.

• We would like to see an option to Quick filter a basic calender on the currentUser().
  • Apply a Quick filter to the widget (So for example you only see items which you are assigned to or attending)
  • A way to create a calender item by clicking on a date/time (with a dropdown to select the calendar)
  • A way to create a calendar item by clicking next to the "Create" button in the Jira header
Alex (Doitb)
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2021

Hey! I have questions for you about requests. Can you write to me at support@doitb.com and discuss them in more detail?

Ricardo Jacamo August 16, 2021

Hi @Alex (Doitb)

Is it possible to create Jira issues within the DoItBetter Calendar app?

Thanks

Ricardo  

Alex (Doitb)
Marketplace Partner
August 16, 2021

Hi Ricardo!
It is not yet possible to create a task on the calendar itself. Instead, you can only create an event.

Let me explain why:
Our calendar can include dozens of projects at the same time. Unfortunately, this means that when you click on the calendar to create an issue, you will still have to select a project, an issue type, and other additional fields since we cannot uniquely determine the project where you want to create a task.

And if the functionality duplicates the standard creation of the issue Jira, it is not needed because the "create issue" button is always at hand.

12211221.png

I may be wrong in my thoughts, and if you have ideas on how to do it conveniently and beautifully, we will gladly do it.

Ricardo Jacamo August 16, 2021

Hi @Alex (Doitb) 

Thank you for replying so quickly. Some of our users wish they could work directly off of DoItBetter Calendar, clicking (or double-clicking) on a specific date and having it create whatever issue type they see fit. They just find entering Jira's "create-issue" overlay an unnecessary extra step.

Since all calendars are linked to a project, board, filter or some other form of reference to a set of Jira issues, I'd think that your app could simply create an item following calendars' contextual parameters (existing issue types, etc). 

Megan Hughes February 23, 2023

@Alex (Doitb) the quick filters are not working even when i ensure that the users are a part of the group, project, default calendar settings, and individual calendar settings.

Can you please help document with examples how to do this? i'm wondering if the new "Jira Work Management" project types do not work with the Quick Filters for the Calendar app. The issues are appearing in the calendar for all expected users... but the Quick Filters management is not working.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events