Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk edit custom field configuration -> project

Phyllis Zhu July 31, 2019

When creating a new project in JIRA cloud, is there a way for me to bulk edit and select all the custom fields at once? Instead of individually going through each custom field -edit configuration - select project.

It's a lot of fields. 

1 comment

Comment

Hendrik Röder November 15, 2021

Hi Phyllis,

I had the same problem and the only way to circumvent this somewhat, was clicking each "Hide" link of the not needed custom field with a middle click. Doing this, the request is fulfilled but the main page is not reloaded.

If you reload the custom field configuration, you see that all clicked fields are hidden now.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Phyllis Zhu November 15, 2021

Hi Hendrik
Thanks for responding. I forgot about this question. Since posting, JIRA had introduced field layouts per project which allowed us to open all the custom fields (remove project restrictions) and just manage the visibility of fields within each project. 

Now when we create a new project, there is less manual work as all the settings(due to the copy settings feature) can be copied and all fields are made available and I just have to hide them within the new project if it's not applicable. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events