Automation for Jira Emoji Placement

Markus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Hi all,

First hack I've shared with the Atlassian community so here it goes!

Attached is a video of how I used automation for Jira to automatically place emoji's as a pre-fix to the issue's summary. Creates very visually pleasing boards :D

Capture.PNGHere's a video of me explaining how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN7KPSdaF7c

4 comments

Comment

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Awesome! @Markus  It's an interesting thing. Making summary more beautiful. Great, i like it. Added this page in my bookmarks. 

Like Markus likes this
John
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Love it!

Like Markus likes this
msac October 19, 2022

Thank you @[deleted], unfortunately for me, I don't know if this is the case for others, the video is blurry

Sara Hamberg November 28, 2023

Great video! My issue atm is that a lot of our users that only use Jira every other day ( so not all the time) would like an email when a reaction is made to their comment. For instance they provid a comment saying " I can do this for instance if your ok with that?) and then someone gives that thumbs up. Right now you only get an update of that in the notification screen :(

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events