cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment version issue in JSD

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

In JIRA service desk 4.13.1, I found a strange issue. Uploaded files gets versioning added to it.

Steps to reproduce:
Scenario 1: 
1. Upload file (example: file.txt) and click "Cancel". 
2. Try to upload same file again (file.txt). DO NOT click any other buttons

*Actual result* : File gets attached with name having version like *file-1.txt*
*Expected Result* : File name should not have version in it

Scenario 2:
1. Now attach Same file (file.txt) in any other ticket in same project or different ticket in other project
*Actual result* : File gets attached with name having version +1 (example name: file-2.txt)
*Expected Result* : File name should not have version in it

2 comments

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Seems this is a bug, "cancel" action should delete the reference in tempattachmentsmonitor table. 

After enabling SQL logging, when attachment is uploaded a reference for the attachment is stored in tempattachmentsmonitor  table.

As a workaround, I have deleted the row in tempattachmentsmonitor table (restart not required) and upload worked fine. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2021

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed

although the description reads a bit different I am pretty sure the underlying cause is the same like for a Suggestion dealing with improvements of attachment records in database:

Bad news here is that the Suggestion was closed some years ago.

My idea: in case this should be blocking your team in a significant way I'd encourage you to create a new Bug over there.

Regards,
Daniel

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2021

Atlassian agreed this as a bug and asked to follow :  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70829

Expected result: "Cancel" action should delete the reference in tempattachmentsmonitor table.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events