Atlassian, please curb that escape key

Geoffrey Liu November 7, 2022

This one has my blood boiling. I am in a sprint Kanban view, and moving a ticket from "In Progress" to "Blocked". The popup appears asking for a comment. So I oblige and fill out the comment with much detail explaining why my issue was blocked. In the Comment toolbar, I then press the Link dropdown but I meant to press the "+" (Other) dropdown. So naturally I press Esc. BOOM. Popup gone. Everything I typed, gone. No way to get it back. Time wasted. Frustration escalated.

Atlassian, for the love of all that is holy, you need to have a confirmation dialog here. If the user has modified the state of the popup, at least give them a way of knowing that pressing Esc will cause the popup to close and their work to not be saved. Countless users have lost more than I have thanks to an errant press of the Esc button. This is entirely preventable on your end. Please do something.

1 comment

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Geoffrey Liu November 29, 2022

I will be bumping this every time it happens.

Today I was writing a long comment detailing the steps to resolve an issue that had been ongoing for weeks and was very high priority. As I was writing, the text cursor somehow moved out of focus and I tapped a key, only for the Comment popup window to disappear. BOOM! 10 paragraphs of text with links, images, and bullet points, gone in an instant. This is unacceptable. And yet seems so easy to resolve. Just have a confirmation dialog? @Mike Cannon-Brookes when will you do something about this UX-breaking bug?

Like tirantfox likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events