Assigned date

Charu Singhal February 7, 2022

I am looking out to filter my data based on the date it was assigned to a member. But I cannot see assigned date option available. Can we have that?

3 comments

Comment

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2022

Hi @Charu Singhal 

Assignment date is available in the issue history but filtering issue based on assignment date is a bit tricky.

Try this JQL.

assignee changed ON '2022/02/07' TO 12345:sdfsdf99w79wee7r-werwerwewe

Where last part is the account id, which you can find my just doing assignee=... and use the username from the autocomplete.

If you want to report on assignee date then either fetch it from issue history and export it somewhere or use automation rule to write assignee date to a date/time field when assignee is changed.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Like Andrzej Pilichowski likes this
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 7, 2022

Hi @Charu Singhal 

This JQL should work for you:

assignee changed ON '2022-02-07'

Another option I can suggest is the Issue History app developed by my team. Here you can filter by assignee, project, sprint, etc., and choose the date range you need. 

history of assignee changes.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bevan Dowd February 9, 2023

Hi @Charu Singhal

I use the below filter to display new tasks assigned to me (in the last week) on my personal dashboard:

assignee in (currentUser()) AND assignee changed after startOfWeek() 

This may serve you if you don't want to have to edit the date manually each time you run the query. You can also use startOfMonth() or startOfYear().

Chris Miller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2024

Is there a way to look for the current day assignee changes?

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2024

Hi @chmiller 

You can try something like:

Assignee was currentUser() And assignee changed DURING (-1d, now())

You can also find some helpful info about assignee changes here: How to get assignee history for Jira issues

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events