Am I the only one that is really concerned about the new design?

roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

There are multiple things I don't like, but the most glaring is the 100% horizontal flow.  The are 4 vertical elements and 0 horizontal.  For some reason this makes me super anxious.  I can't really even verbalize why.

I also don't like a minimum of 2 clicks to view a list of issues.  I like the old way of clicking on "issues" to see your most recent search/filter.  This could easily be fixed.  Related to this is having to click a "back" arrow to get back to the main navigation (I say main, but now there is a new, higher-level, nav to the left of this which is 99% useless).

Another problem I had was after viewing a dashboard, I struggled to return to the original menu.  I ended up having to click "Projects" and pick my project again.

dashboard menu.png

Why do these two separate menus even exist?

2 comments

Comment

roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Ok collapsing the left menus helped my anxiety. I wish that feature was more obvious, like it was in the old version (persistent arrow at the bottom).  There's no way my users will ever notice it.

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

@roam_scott I too am having some 'usability' growing pains with the new design, specifically with the moving between project admin and system admin.  Configuring Custom Fields and Setting up Screens, checking my work, testing issue creation.   

It seems really cumbersome at the moment.  I'm not sure if this is just because I am new to the interface, and haven't found the most efficient ways of getting around, or if there are design problems

I am most decidedly missing my "back to X project" button, from the system configuration options.  

I did enroll in the Design Feedback group, and have submitted Feedback though the Home page.  I hope I get a chance to chat with folks about it, maybe I'll learn a trick or two about efficient navigation!

roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2017

I'd be happier if someone could just explain the two different menus (light and dark). What are they? What is their individual purpose? Why is there overlap? How do you get to each? etc...

Sarah Karp
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2018

@roam_scott let us know if this page helps you and your teams understand the difference between the new sidebar navigation. 

roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2018

I suppose it helps a little.  But as a wise person once said, a user interface is like a joke.  If you have to explain it, it's not very good.

Opinions vary, and I'm sure the team put a lot of time and effort into this, but for me it's a miss.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events