Allow adding 'linked issues' by URL

jcole May 19, 2020

I'd like the ability to link an issue by simply pasting in the URL for a JIRA ticket into the 'linked issues' field. Right now I need to cut the ticket number out from the URL and then paste only that. I would prefer to be able to paste a ticket URL here and have the app cut out the ticket number, which would trim a few clicks off this process.

jira1.png

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

I'd raise "strip the current base url when you recognise it" as a feature request over at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

My first instinct was "why not just use the issue id", but some of my support work today reminded me that people have different ways of working, and if you're copying urls because they work for you, this would be a useful addition.  I would also extend it to "any base url you recognise for linked applications", although that does sound like it could be a bit more tricky.

Like jcole likes this
jcole May 19, 2020

I took your advice and posted the request there as well.

Thanks @Nic!

p.s. you are quite right about people having different ways of working, and we often don't realize it until we observe how someone else approaches the same task. The new Jira UI has changed my behavior a lot. I prefer using my browser to copy and paste the URL (with issue ID) to avoid unintentionally switching into edit mode, something it seems the new Jira UI will do with almost any click within the window. It seems overly clickable to me, but I guess it is what it is.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events