Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add public comment if the ticket is in particular status for 5 days

Madhu Reddy May 21, 2020

If the status is Awaiting for Customer for 5 days and the ticket is not updated for 5 days. Then add a public comment on the issue.

I hope this is possible in Jira.. Please help me to achieve this.

I have added a rule using Automation for jira unfortunately it didn't worked for me. I have attached screenshot for your reference.

Thanks

MadhuAutomation for Jira.png

1 comment

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2020

You need to use a different trigger. The trigger you are using only takes action when the issue is initially transitioned.

You want to use the "scheduled" trigger. This is a trigger that occurs at a regularly schedule time periodically.

You can set this trigger to run once a day, for example. Then once a day it will evaluate all the issues and if any match, will take the action n them. 

Like Madhu Reddy likes this
Madhu Reddy May 23, 2020

Hi @Andrew Laden , Thanks for the help.

I have changed the trigger as below and still I am not able to get the expected results.

Can you please correct me if I was wrong..

For test purpose I have changed the time to 5m.

Thanks

MadhuScheduled Trigger 1.pngScheduled Trigger 2.png

Madhu Reddy May 26, 2020

Hi @Andrew Laden ,

I got the point that changing the trigger is the resolution but here it is not acting according to the JQL query.

I have added JQL query that If the ticket is in Particular status and not updated for -5m.

But the rule is neglecting the Second part of the query and Picking all the tickets in that particular statuses. ( Any way we can manage this by using Use this rule since the last time executed check box ) ...is it an expected behavior.

It will be good if it consider the Second part of the JQL last Updated part.

Thanks

Madhu

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2020

When you click on "Validate Query" it should show you all the issue that match your current query. You can use that to fix your JQL. Make sure that it only shows the issues you would expect to see.

Also, you probably want to uncheck the "Only include issues that have changed since last time this rule executed" and that is the exact opposite of what you want.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events