Streamlining project reporting with Jira and Confluence: my experience as a Product Manager

Hi, I'm Julien, a Product Manager, and I have been where you are.

Believe me, I know the pain and struggle of keeping stakeholders informed about project progress, be it through weekly reports, post-incident reviews, or anything in-between.

From Chaos to Clarity

Indeed, it can be a daunting task to manage multiple data sources and meet different reporting requirements, all while trying to provide a clear and concise overview of what's happening.

If you're anything like me, you may have found yourself spending more time trying to come up with ways to not do the assignment than working on it.

And, guess what? Burying my head in the sand pretending that no incident occurred never let me off the hook for writing the review. Even worse: procrastinating and waiting a week before finally writing my weekly report only meant that I had to write TWO weekly reports instead of one. That's just maths.

But there's hope and, to be fair, my "game-changing" solution is actually a "pretty simple" solution: the power of using Confluence and Jira together

Simplifying Stakeholder Communication

A collaboration tool like Confluence can be beneficial in creating a central location for project-related information. But even with Confluence, managing projects can be difficult.
That's where Jira comes in - a tool that integrates with Confluence to help track and manage projects in one place, ensuring everything is up-to-date and progress is being made.

But let's be real - managing projects can still be challenging, even with Confluence and Jira. That's why selecting the right data to share from Jira to Confluence is crucial. By choosing only the most relevant data, you can ensure stakeholders are receiving what they need without drowning them in technical details.

That's the exact need my team and I wanted to address, almost two years ago, when we started working on a Jira add-on that would take project management to the next level. A few months later, Elements Publish was released onto the Atlassian Marketplace as a new way to pull data from Jira and transform it into easy-to-read reports that can be shared with stakeholders across your organization.

How Elements Publish Streamlines Jira Data Into Customizable Confluence Reports

With our app, creating these reports in Confluence also has the added benefit of keeping stakeholders informed without requiring them to use Jira.

While Jira is an excellent tool for project management, it can be overwhelming for stakeholders who don't use it regularly. Using Confluence, you can provide stakeholders with a high-level overview of project progress that they can access easily, without having to navigate Jira's more technical features.
With seamless integration between Jira and Confluence, you can say goodbye to manual data entry and hello to more productive project management.

But that's not all. Confluence pages created with Elements Publish are fully customizable, so you can tailor them to your unique needs and workflow.

Any existing Confluence template can be enhanced with Jira data with only a couple of clicks. This way, consistency in page format and location can be achieved while still providing dynamic access to Jira data.
Event better: by synchronizing data from Jira to Confluence with Elements Publish, any changes made in Jira issues are automatically reflected in specific Confluence pages. This means that everyone is always on the same page, no matter from which source they prefer to get their information.

I know firsthand how valuable our add-on is, and I want to hear from you. Share your own use cases and benefits of using Jira and Confluence together in the comments below. Let's work together and find new solutions to transform the way we manage our projects.

Trust me, you won't regret giving Elements Publish a try.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events