Some facts about JQL

Let's start 

I like JQL and I use every day in my job for all. I use Jira for all situations, not only for develop software, but also for NOT IT situation, like classify invoices, my equipment (laptop, mobile, printer, virtual server, etc) and I use JQL for: 

• the list of my task's time spent for my invoice
  • set the component and catalog my invoices using bulk operations
  • list my work in dashboard
  • .... and so forth :-)

JQL is used everywhere in Jira and this is a must-know feature every Jira NInja User have to know.

Using JQL with date field

In several situation, we can work with date fields and ... problems starts.

we look for all the tickets created after May 8, 2018, we will find several. However, if we look for it with strict equality, then we can find nothing. the reason is : in date fields data is stored with time. 

To get the data with equality, you must make a small .... "trick":

created >= '2018/05/28' and created < '2018/05/29'

Need more information?

don't worry. Take a look in my Italian blog or o MrAddon Blog

2 comments

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2020

@Fabio Genovese you said in the article "after May, 8, 2018" but in the JQL it is written "28". Probably a typo no?

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

@M Amine  Right. Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry for this mistake. Yes: it's a typo. Let me check if I can correct the article and put the right DATE. 

FABIO

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events