Jira themes are moving to beta!

73 comments

Toan NC April 1, 2023

It's often to turn on and off between the Dark and Light mode on pages, ie: Jira, Confluence pages.
The developers often use Dark mode, but sometimes it's not compatible with the page content, embed images, tables or charts SO we have to turn off the dark mode at that time to see the content clearly.
It means WE NEED A WAY TO TURN ON/OFF QUICKLY the Dark mode. I often use "Dark Reader", a Chrome Extension. I got years experience on it and it's good up to last week, the confluence page's content is still WHITE event Dark Reader is already Dark mode. It's a bug somewhere.

Image1234234.png

Harold Prestage April 2, 2023

@Amira Badran Thanks for the dark theme but it doesn't work with Deviniti queues.

Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

@Toan NC Thank you for bringing this up. We are actively focusing on enhancing embedded Confluence experiences, and our team is currently working on it. We will make sure to keep everyone updated on the progress and notify you when the issue is resolved.

Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

@Harold Prestage We value your positive feedback. As Deviniti queues is a third-party add-on, it may need some adjustments to ensure compatibility with Jira colour theming. We suggest reaching out to them directly to communicate your current issue, as they should be able to provide assistance. Thanks! 

Noushin Kananian April 22, 2023

Congratulations. Fantastic technology. 

Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist April 27, 2023

Nice to see this finally being available in Beta! However, it seems that some menus in the issue search JQL box are not properly showing up. Screenshot attached.

2023-04-27_13-15-43.png

Like # people like this
Michal Vit April 28, 2023

I can confirm I have the same problem as Rodolfo - the hints are barely readable.

Like # people like this
Scott Pawluk April 28, 2023

I can confirm as well. Though, for me, this just started happening more recently.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Like an earlier commenter said, any plans to bring this to Data Center? 🙃 

Like Carlos Khatchikian likes this
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2023

@Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist , @Michal Vit @Scott Pawluk , we have a fix in place that is rolling out. Check your instance and it should be out in the next 24 hours 🤞

Like Michal Vit likes this
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2023

@Dave Liao  ! 

Is Dark theme coming to Data Center? ... the answer is YES! 

It has been announced in the Roadmap at Team 23 : https://www.atlassian.com/wac/roadmap/data-center/dark-mode?search=dark&p=0b79e81f-2b 

Watch this ticket for updates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-63150

Rick Westbrock May 1, 2023

Thanks @Carlos Khatchikian I was having the same problem with hints being super dark gray against the black background but this morning they are back to white text so I can actually read them again.

Scott Pawluk May 1, 2023

@Carlos Khatchikian Looks like it's working today!

Thanks to the Jira team for fixing!

Like # people like this
Michal Vit May 2, 2023

@Carlos Khatchikian thanks, looks good now!

Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist May 2, 2023

Same for me!

Thanks!

Randy Clemens May 4, 2023

Love the new feature. One thing I've come across is that the checklist section on tickets still shows in light mode instead of dark mode. Otherwise have very much appreciated the adjustment for my eyes.

Like # people like this
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

The new themes are great, thank you!

One of my suggestions for further improvement would be to allow admins to configure separate header logos and colors for the dark and original/light theme. Or at least allowing the highlight color to be set individually without losing the light/dark navigation background color which is set by default.

Like # people like this
Irina_Bel{Stiltsoft}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Amira Badran ,

Could you please share the requirements for the Dark Team campaign that is coming soon? We would love to participate❤️.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2023

YES! So great to get this!

Like # people like this
Falbaqami June 8, 2023

great information and yes it's good to have a rest for the eyes

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist June 16, 2023

@Amira Badran I just noticed that the page to the Advanced Roadmaps permission configuration is not using the dark theme. Here is the URL

/secure/PortfolioPermissions.jspa

Thanks,

Rodolfo

Michael Henrys {TechTime} July 4, 2023

I love the new dark theme for Jira. It looks great! This will be a bit of extra work to ensure our plugins suit the theme, but totally worth it 

Przemysław Zbikowski July 9, 2023

New dark theme is amazing, unfortunately it doesn't work for me on the testing board. All the content here is still light themed.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events