Introducing insights for Jira Software Cloud

40 comments

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

Nice feature and thanks for sharing the article 👍! 

Zaur Suleymanov August 6, 2021

I do not see anything except "Sprint progress". How can I add "Issue type breakdown" or other staff which article describes? UPD: Found it in the Backlog. Any chance to have it on Sprint Board as well?

Dom Saljanin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2021

This is awesome! 

Jenny Zhai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Patrick Rach

My name is Jenny and I’m product manager at Atlassian. Would love to hear more about what metrics and insights you would like to see in Kanban projects.

If you have an hour to spare, please book some time here. We’ll send you a $100 gift card as a thank you for your time. 

Thanks,

Jenny Zhai

Atlassian Product Manager

Jenny Zhai
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2021

Hi @Alexey

My name is Jenny and I’m product manager at Atlassian. Would love to hear more about what metrics and insights you would like to see in Kanban projects.

If you have an hour to spare, please book some time here. We’ll send you a $100 gift card as a thank you for your time. 

Thanks,

Jenny Zhai

Jenny Zhai
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

If you have an hour to spare, please book some time here. We’ll send you a $100 gift card as a thank you for your time. 

Thanks,

Jenny Zhai

Jenny Zhai
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2021

Hi @Sudheer Revuru 

Thanks,

Jenny Zhai

Deleted user December 8, 2021

@Jenny Zhai Check with @Erika Sa , as she and I had a conversation about Kanban metrics (and metrics in general a few weeks back.

By all means check with Alexey and Sudheer, definitely @Bill Sheboy ( Hey Bill funny running into you here), he's got some ideas I'm sure.

Marcelo Lopez, CST, AKT

Certified Scrum Trainer, Scrum Alliance

Accredited Kanban Trainer, Kanban University

Like Jenny Zhai likes this
Srinivasa Rao Grandhisila December 14, 2021

Excited to see these insights on the fly instantly.

Philippa Ford March 4, 2022

Hi can I download the insights in a report for the Backlog insights?

Subbu Yeleswarapu May 11, 2022

The Sprint commitments widget is showing more story points than that exist in the sprint.

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

It's wildly exciting to see movement in this area and I don't want to be negative...but as cool as this is, there's nothing here I couldn't already see on a dashboard.

Are there any plans to introduce any kind of exporting to this? Historical or trend analysis outside of the very limited "velocity report"? Any more Agile-related JQL functions?

Update 1: +1 to Jack's comment. This tool is confusing enough, thank you :)

Update 2: If any PO's want to talk Scrum metrics, I'm here!

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user August 9, 2022

What would be good to see is these insights become a "default" dashboard for teams....

Also since the "Version Report" dashboard gadget has been deprecated, something to take its place (that doesn't have to be purchased) would be nice.

Like Haddon Fisher likes this
Thomas Rauch September 26, 2022

@Sally Stone This is a great feature but there is one thing missing to me: I think it is not possible to adapt the average velocity by considering the team's capacity in a sprint, is it?

E.g., the team completes 50 Story Points in average over the last sprints with an average capacity of 100 working days per sprint. But in the next sprint planning we see that there will be only a capacity of 80 working days due to illness and vacation. So, it is not logical to plan the next sprint with 50 Story Points again. We would plan it with (80 days/100 days * 50 Story Points = ) 40 Story Points. And maybe we might even have to adapt the capacity down to 75 working days since we had an unforseen work loss during the sprint.

However, we would not calculate a single developer's working capacity in a sprint or assign all the issues to the develepors in the sprint planning (which are two unavoidable features of third-party plugins). It is just about the team's average capacity and adapting the Story Point forecast to the expected sprint team's capacity in the sprint planning.

Like Joao Arruda likes this
Abiodun Kila January 13, 2023

The addition of these insights will greatly improve the delivery time of projects.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events