Impact of updated cipher suites on Jira and Jira Service Management

58 comments

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2024

Hi

I got this for about 5 or 6 instances that I managed and have to agree with David above.

I will be ignoring it as we do not have any mail servers set up ...

However, I do believe as common courtesy, Atlassian should send a communication or community post stating it was sent in error to everyone in their base and, for surety, provide detailed steps to see if users are impacted, where (possible with direct links) and actions to be taken

Thank you for the update on this post though

Yatish

Like # people like this
María Paz Hidalgo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2024

Hi

I have a Jira Service Management instance that processes incoming emails from Microsoft, but I don't see it configured as an incoming mail server. However, it exists as a ticket intake channel. So, will this change affect me? Should we incorporate an incoming mail server in System - incoming mail? I insist, in this section only the default cloud mail server is present, but I regularly use a Microsoft email for ticket generation.

David Grenier July 30, 2024

We use JSM cloud. The instructions state that we should go to "(Project settings > Email requests > Other)" but I see no "Other" setting. Please explain.

Like # people like this
Rafa July 30, 2024

This is ridiculous. This email should have been sent only to administrators and only on those accounts where a mail server that is not google/outlook/jira is configured. 

Instead, this has been sent to all instances, regardless of their current mail server configuration.

Like # people like this
MooR
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2024

@Nathan Phillips

You / Atlassian team should move this change to mid/late Aug. The instructions are (still) unclear and your support team is not answering questions (probably overloaded, because of that useless email). 

I am stuck here. For JSD: I dont find Other under Project Settings -> Email Requests. 

Also if Gmail/MS dont use the recommended ciphers, I dont have super power to have them changed by Aug 5th. I (or other customers) have to work with them to get it updated/clarified. 

You can't do a massive prod change, with a week left and no support. It's ridiculous. 

Like Nathan Phillips likes this
Susan Waldrip July 31, 2024

Thank you @Sam Iva for your post, it's really helpful.

Sonya Petkunas July 31, 2024

Am I understanding if we are effected we now have until Sept. 2nd and not Aug 5th?

MooR
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 31, 2024

@Sonya Petkunasyes, they moved it to Sep 2nd

Like Sonya Petkunas likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events