Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new view is terrible I want the old view to be the only one I see, how do I do that?

Oliver Gross August 11, 2021

The new view is a bloated slow-loaded mess of arbitrary changes that as far as I can tell do nothing for the user so I am baffled as to why they were implemented, we are stuck with it unless we add ?oldIssueView=true to each page.

That is a ridiculous thing to have to do but it is faster than waiting for all the widgets and preview and other unasked for and unneeded "enhancements" to load so I do it.

Is there any way I can set my account to only display the old view?

And whomever keeps enhancing JIRA? Can you stop? Please? It's fine the way it was, leave it alone, please. In fact what would be great is if you can give us the option to roll back two versions when JIRA was pretty good? Any chance of that?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021

Hi @Oliver Gross ,

No, unfortunately you can't switch back to the old view.

newissue.png

But the new view is garbage, they must know that, they just don't care?

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021

Calling it garbage seems a bit heavy imho, it's already a lot better than the first iteration but it sure can use some more work.

If you have specific issues with it I'd suggest to bunble them and launch them as a support request (https://support.atlassian.com/contact) and see what Atlassian says

Well it loads slower for me because they seem to have bloated it with widgets that take a long time to get going.

In terms of productivity software how is that not "garbage"?  Like if you took your car to the mechanic and they "enhanced" it and now it takes three times as long to start your car and get up to speed, well, what would you call it?

I don't see how it's better, I just see it doing the same stuff only slower.

And I did contact support when the new view was forced on me and no answers, I guess they know and just don't care.

Like Lugi Regier likes this
Waqar Ahsan September 1, 2021

New view is beautiful but it is killing our productivity. Its typically useless view.|

Old view was much better. New view has lots of white space thats not needed. You have to scroll too much in pages. Its not an upgrade at all.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

Are you talking about Jira Work Management specifically?

or 

Jira software and it's now rather old "old view"?

Also, are you certain the "slowness" is happening at the Atlassian end, as there are many other elements 9in most corporate settings) that could be creating the sluggish performance (Proxy servers, firewall rules etc. etc.)

The best way to"go back in time" is to not be on Cloud. Have an old server version on-prem and love it.....I guess.

Oliver Gross August 12, 2021

Work management I guess? It's our ticketing and tracking system and yes we have firewalls, proxies, VPNs and an ITSEC so tight you could bounce a virtual quarter off of it but those are factors that any enterprise solution has to content with which is why JIRA should be scaleable to a lighter version.

Instead they keep bloating it with widgets all loading independently and taking forever to do so in addition to adding "features" that no one needs.

Like this latest version forces a file preview, I don't need a preview of an email I need to open, just open the email! It's not the next Marvel movie, don't need a sneak-peek!

0 votes
Mark Jestings August 11, 2021

Old issue view was nice, but I prefer the new one.

Atlassian is is always enhancing Jira, since the latter is on the cloud. CI-CD.

I am glad it works for you but I'm confused, I dislike the new one because it loads slower, adds a useless scrolling column, previews things that need no preview and moved things around that didn't need to be moved providing no benefit.

You don't mind any of that?

Mark Jestings August 11, 2021

No, I don't mind since I'm relative new to Jira and my interaction using the old view was not that much. Loading times are always an issue in any platform. I want to believe that they will make it better, since they invest on server to cloud migration. They have to or they might lose some customers.

Ah, well this has been the third version I have been on and each version gets more bloated and slower than the last. When I started you loaded your JIRA page it was all there and working, light, simple and effective.

There is such a thing as over-engineering and this is a prime example of it.

So I can see why you would not be bothered, lucky!

Like Mark Jestings likes this
0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

Hi @Oliver Gross ,

You cannot I'm afraid. There is a workarround using some browser plugins to automatically add the parameter behind your url (burried in the comments of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70555)

however the new issue view is the new view that Atlassian is putting forward and will only continue to change/enhance down the line.

While the parameter is a workaround there is no guarantee and I wouldn't count on it being available forever.

The changes they are making to the new view down the line do seem to be going back to how the old view was set up but with a new UX/UI

But they must know the new view is not an enhancement, it literally makes everything worse, does Atlassian just hate their users or something?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

I feel that that is very person based.

I have things that I find utterly annoying about it but also things that I like and actually find an improvement. (things like pinned fields and the tab logenzes '(before they removed those again)).

I still feel that making a case of it and listing your grievences is the right way to go. They do listen to user feedback it just takes a long time for it to go thru..

Since it is still in development (and you can see in my link to the cloud issue that there are still subtasks open) there's a bigger chance you can have some impact now rather than later when development is done.

Like Curt Holley likes this

Does the new view load slower for you than the old view?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2021

I agree with @Dirk Ronsmans 

If you have concerns about load times and you have exhausted all "corporate network" opportunity for improvements, then you should definitely give constructive feedback to Atlassian.

Here are some tests you could (potentially try)

• If possible, access Jira from your home (hopefully high speed) network. How different is the load time to on the corporate network?
  • If using corporate WIFI, is it any better directly on the LAN? (or vice-versa)
Oliver Gross August 13, 2021

Sorry I did not make myself clear enough, let me try again.

When I open a JIRA in with the old view it loads quickly and I can get to work on it right away.

When I open a JIRA in this new view it does not load quickly and I cannot get to work on it right away, in fact it can take a whole minute for all those widgets to load and sometimes they even fail to load and I have to refresh and it takes longer.

I do not think my productivity tools should take longer to load nor do I think making them take longer is an improvement.

So what I would like is that the old view be permanent, that is my work time does not suffer because I am having to wait an extra 30 minutes a day for things to load, this is frustrating doubly so when it's called an "enhancement" or "improvement".

Because it is not you see.

But from what I understand here Atlassian does not care, they are going to force this upon the user regardless of the actual quality.

So nothing to to do with any network because the old view loads quickly the new view does not, the issue rests entirely with this new view.

And I have let Atlassian support know about the issue and I asked if there were going to make the old view an option and if there was a way to set it permanently and I got not answer.

Which in itself is an answer.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events