Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Issues between TMP (without giving access to other issues)

Bradford July 12, 2022

We currently are using Jira Software, Work Management and Service Management. We are using Atlassian Access to manage subscriptions across the organization.

Most departments in the organization are using team-managed projects. (The only exceptions are maintenance, IT (service management) and development (software)). 

While many of the projects (department) can have their projects set to limited (or even open) there are a few departments (finance/account for instance) that need to share tasks with other departments without giving access to view all issues. 

I have been searching through forums, opened a support ticket, and googled without seeing any sort of solution to this problem. Possible ideas (such as external sharing apps) don't allow assignment or proper tracking.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

Hey Bradford,

Not sure that I completely understand your question, but let me see if this is it. 

You need to be able to for users to see limited issues inside of Jira Work Management projects, such as ones used by Finance/Accounting. Is that correct? 

If so, you can accomplish that by using issue level security. Here is more information to get you started. And if not, let me know that, too.  :-)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events