Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display custom field on the Kanban card

Jewgenij Tarschis January 24, 2022

Hi all,

I'm using standard Sales Project Template in JIRA Work Management. I've created a new field called "Value" to see/track the value of a deal.

How to configure the standard Kanban board, so I see the value of this field directly on the card without to open the issue?

Clicking on More > Adjust Cards I can only select some standard fields like Summary, status, label and so on.

Thanks for support!

2 answers

3 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi Jewgenij - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortuantely, that's all you can control right now. I think th Atlassian developers have plans to add custom fields later, but I don't know a timeline. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Jewgenij Tarschis 

Welcome to the Community!!

Create a filter that contains your project's issues as

project = project-key Order by Rank Desc

Once you have created a filter, the next step is to create the Kanban board by selecting the filter you just created (You need to select the project as well here which is restricted to company managed projects)

Then under board settings, card layout is the option to add custom fields

KB1.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

You cannot alter the board in Jira Work Management projects - there is no Board Settings

Like # people like this
Jewgenij Tarschis January 24, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M ,

thanks! I've created a new filter (from the search), but how to create a new board?

Regards,

Jewgenij

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

@Jewgenij Tarschis 

@Pramodh M advice is only available for Jira software (company managed) projects. As @John Funk has mentioned, this may change in the future for Jira work management projects, but for now if you want that functionality, you would have to move the work into a full blown Jira software project.

Which could well be the right thing to do.

Like Jewgenij Tarschis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events