Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-down list for the field

Сергій Стеценко July 18, 2023

In Jira Workmanagement there is an option to set a drop-down list for the field.
As I can see - there is a limit of 55 drop-down lists only.

However, I need more than that (preferably without a limit at all or at least an opportunity to add 200+ drop-down lists).

We already have a Premium account in JIRA, but I failed to find how can I add more than 55 drop-down lists and avoid the limit. Could you, please, assist with that?Please, find the photo notification from the system attached

Презентация без названия (3).png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2023

Hello @Сергій Стеценко 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

It is not possible to increase that limit. There is a change request about this where you can add your vote:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-77917

Having so many items in the list will make it difficult to use and slow to load.

Could you instead create a Dependent Dropdown field and put your options into groups?

Сергій Стеценко July 19, 2023

Hi.  @Trudy Claspill 

Thanks for the quick response.
While I am new to jira and did not understand a little how to implement this? Is there a screenshot of what it looks like so I can understand?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2023

Hello @Сергій Стеценко 

You appear to be using a Team Managed project. You can confirm that by looking at the bottom of the panel on the left. There the text will include either "team-managed" or "company-managed".

For a Team Managed project you would add a Dependent Dropdown custom field.

Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 2.58.43 PM.png

Then add Parent and Child options.

Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 3.01.18 PM.png

The Parent is a higher level grouping. The user will select from the Parent options first, and then be able to select from the Child options under that Parent.

Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 3.03.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-19 at 3.03.14 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events