Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas how to mark multiple issues as done

Lynne Justice
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2024

I have over 400 child tasks that need to be marked as done. Is there a quick way to achieve this?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GNarsimhagowda - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2024

Hi @Lynne Justice ,

Bulk operations let you edit multiple issues at once. These actions include transitioning issues, deleting issues, moving issues, and watching or unwatching issues.

In the issue navigator,

Select more ( ... ) in the top right > Bulk change all issue(s).

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ankush Bora February 12, 2024

@Lynne Justice 
There is an option to 'bulk edit' in JIRA. I presume that is enabled for your login.
You should start with trying to figure out a JQL query that returns these 'child tasks' under:
Issues --> Search for Issues (Issue Navigator) --> Sample JQL query --> Search

Sample JQL query:
project = 'project name' AND issuetype in (Story, Task,...) AND "Epic Link" in ('all applicable epic #s')

Once you have the requisite list of child tasks, click on:
Tools  --> Bulk Change --> Select All --> Select 'Transition Issues' --> Next .... --> Done

Let me know if that works or respond here for further clarifications.

Lynne Justice
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2024

Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events