Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get oriented in JWM?

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2023

Hi everyone!

Picture this: your team lead just invited you to a Jira Work Management project you've never seen before. What is the most important first step to get your tasks comfortable in their new home? 🏡

1. Switching between different views to see the full picture

SwitchingTabs8.gif

2. Expanding tasks that matter to your work and tagging teammates in the comments

Tagging in a comment.gif

3. Adding your own tasks to the existing project

Creating issue from Board.gif

4. Walking through the project in real time with your teammates

Multiplayer2.gif

5. Other: Share in the comments!

We want to make sure our new users are set up for success in Jira Work Management. By sharing your experiences, you’ll let us know what’s most important to hit the ground running in JWM. Leave your vote below! 👇

10 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi Abby,

For me, it is number 1 and then number 3. 

Like # people like this
Moussa Mohamadou January 26, 2023

Hi dear

Num 2 is awesome. When you can prioritize your work and follow up with your team. 

Like John Funk likes this
Daniel Filous
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2023

Number 1 for me!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Mostly 1, 2, 4, 3 - I don't want to add my tasks until I've had a chat with the team!

But sometimes 1, 2, 3, 4, if I've already got a good feel for the team, or we're low on data to look at in a runthrough.

Like # people like this
Marion Richardson January 10, 2023

For me 1, 2 and 3. Does Atlassian provide a good training page on their website that I could forward to my users? I normally create my own training materials but that's time consuming and I would love to just share links to Atlassian instead! 

Thanks all! 

Like Abby Stiris likes this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2023

Hi Marion, thanks for your question! What do your training materials cover? I'd love to learn more.

We recently released these product guides: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/work-management/product-guide/overview

New users are also welcome to join our live or on-demand demos: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/work-management/demo

Let me know if these cover what you're looking for!

Christa Parrish
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2023

Number 1 for me too!

Like # people like this
Moussa Mohamadou January 17, 2023

Hi Dear all are awesome. I fall in love with this software. I was a financial accountant and now I’m on my way to switch to project management field, I enrolled to Mcs in project management and during my research about I discovered Jira. Amazing I like it 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

What a great comment - thanks for sharing!

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2023

So great to hear, @Moussa Mohamadou

Like John Funk likes this
Darrin Lange January 26, 2023

All are important, but #1 is where I would go first. 

Like # people like this
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2023

#1 is the big kicker for me and the standout feature of JWM

Like # people like this
Noah Hofmann February 22, 2023

It's 3 for me. Afterwards I look around to see how the project is configured and how people are using it.

Tapiwa Samkange March 17, 2023

Love this list. Under 5. Other, I would add the following custom statuses/columns:

•  'On hold' which will be based on the 'to do' state. Work gets started and then has to be paused for various reasons.
  • 'Cancelled' which will be configured with a resolved/'done' state. It happens more than a few times that work gets started on a task on some of the longer running projects and then is stopped because the specific task is no longer relevant.
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2023

Great additions, thank you for sharing @Tapiwa Samkange!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events