Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

But how do you really manage work?

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2022

Hi JWM Community! Welcome to the first of many discussions about all things work management.

To kick things off, I’d love to get to the bottom of this key question.

What’s the most productive way for you to get work done? From your personal to-dos to your collaborative projects, share your method to the madness as well as your role with us below.👇

I’ll start: I still haven’t said goodbye to my trusty pen and paper when it comes to individual tasks. My planner (Atlassian-themed, of course) has meeting notes, spontaneous ideas, and of course, those oddly shaped checkboxes that are so satisfying to cross through. When it comes to anything team-based, I head straight to our JWM projects. What about you?

Can’t wait to chat in the comments!

1 comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2022

Hi Abby,

I use a variety of tools to help me get things done. I still use my email inbox for short term items that need to be done. If any of those turn into longer term, then it goes to a Jira Work Management project. 

I also still just pen and paper for meeting notes. I will work off of them for short term stuff like with the email In box. And, again, transfer longer term stuff to Jira Work Management. 

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2022

@John Funk love it, thanks for sharing! How do you keep your email inbox organized?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2022

Hey Abby,

Basically, I just leave short term items in the In Box. Things I can get to in a day or two. Everything else needs to be moved into another folder because it is done. Or I create a JWM card and move that email to a folder based on a subject/product/etc. 

Items in folders that are not the In Box are considered complete as far as email is concerned. 

Like Abby Stiris likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events