Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year of Jira Work Management updates 🎆 Board grouping, integrated release calendars, and more

35 comments

Bas Rathje
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2023

Board Grouping not visible in our (Company-Managed) JWM project? 

Atlassian, is this a bug? Or a design / roll-out decision to not make it available there?

Like • Christopher O_ CBC likes this
Ashley Corkum
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2023

+ one for Integration with Google Cal being most useful 

Like • # people like this
Christopher O_ CBC February 2, 2023

Looking forward to all theses changes... 

Was happy to see board grouping in 1 of our instances in a team manage business projects.. looking good!

Still not seeing elsewhere.. neither in the other instances, nor in company managed projects (even in the instance where I see it in TM projects).. is the feature rolling out gradually or ..?

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2023

@[deleted] 

Your question: Will Calendar integration ONLY come in Team Managed/Work Management projects, or will Calendar integration also work with Company Managed Projects as well......

Answer:

The calendar integration will work for both JWM CMP and TMP projects.

• You can also pull both JSW CMP and TMP releases/versions into either JWM CMP or TMP projects' calendar views.

@Giacomo Lupini 

Your question: "In Jira Work Management, will we able to integrate only software project calendar?"

Answer:

If you're asking whether we can only integrate the JWM calendar with JSW releases, yes is the answer.

1. There is no calendar view in JSW.
  2. There are calendar views in JSM, but we're only showing JSW releases/versions in the JWM calendar view at this current point of time.

@dmitry.gil 

Your question: "Will it be possible to select just one JSW calendar to be displayed in JWM? Or multiple as well. Really would like to be able to select multiple because one business team can work with dozens of SW projects."

Answer:

At the current moment, you can only select one JSW project's releases/versions to display in the JWM calendar view. This is to help speed up the integration work with JSW releases, since multiple projects will require more performance optimisation as it will be pulling a lot more data from JSW.

Rollout Plan

We're going to iterate on the feature after our rollout to customers next week. It's rolling out next week under a BETA label to JWM calendar users. Please feel free to reach out to me at iteong@atlassian.com if you got any more questions around the JSW<>JWM integration

Like • Ami Chitwood likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2023

Excited about the filter improvements. Hoping we will be able to have more control in filtering Done items on the board!!

sofia.norris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 7, 2023

Is there a way to set up a board with upcoming sprints on the top, which allows you to drag tickets into the specific sprint, in a Kanban view? 

Azem Hyseni February 8, 2023

For my self  im seeing my view in Big Fin tech with hug app ...I love that  

Arnd Layer February 10, 2023

I‘m getting totally lost on understanding the product strategy regarding team-managed projects and Jira Work Management.

First, I expected that next-gen projects would over time replace classic projects. But this seems less likely now as they haven‘t gained any of the customizability.

team-managed and company-managed projects seem to drift more and more apart as team-managed project improve with new UX features. But they seem to pin you down to modifying individual project based on the features available in the respective templates.

The last irritating info was that „Jira Work Management will be free for all Jira SW users until sometime in 2024“. Does that mean that JWM will not be included in JSW in the long term? What does that mean for team-managed projects in Jira SW?

Until recently, I‘ve more or less ignored team-managed projects. But features like list view are missing in company managed projects and I have us cases that would profit. But I can‘t create cross-project boards or plans incorporating team-managed projects. So there would be a whol lot of explaining and training necessary for my users.

It‘s frustrating!

Like • # people like this
Azem Hyseni February 10, 2023

Dear Jira and Atlassian community:  I have been back in this community for almost 3 years, I was personally inspired by the creation of a high-quality product related to Gantt charts, as well as most open source systems, the ideology they get here and then work with frame in other ways, I am grateful and aim to create a very advanced product with a logical path, in the near future digital marketing and huge pipeline, Erp payment system integrated, for the work of management only this community can do anything of project management and analytics in a perfect way, but you should always consider the PMP method used for horizontal and vertical project management.
I would love to work remotely for this community in the field of digital marketing, where it should be presented not only in the academic community but also in the sector. I think that everything can be connected to the tireless work of these creators, in the Github pipeline. , GitLab, Microsoft framework payment required tc opens the window for professionals to understand what they want to create. from the services and we sell that it almost exceeds 88.66% of the software risk compared to others that have debugs in the process
PMP.PMO.Audit Azem Hyseni
Feriza, Kosovo
azemhyseni@gmail.com

Ingo Wenke February 10, 2023

All pretty cool features! Will they become available to software projects, too?

I have a lot of internal customers using Jira SW, asking me about Jira WM features.

Like • Arnd Layer likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events