Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸš€ Exciting News for Jira Work Management Users: Enhanced Task Nesting Coming Soon! πŸš€

28 comments

Meg Christolini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2024

Hi @Iain McCarthy - That's fair feedback. We also hear that a lot of users would like to see more alignment between the JSW & JWM board views. We are working on defining a holistic vision for the board view across Jira. 

----

Hi @Gaetan & @Markus Ernst - we will not be shipping saved views or changes to how filtering is displayed in the release in May.

We are not ready to commit to if/when nested filtering changes will be made. There is significant complexity in the solution due to cross-project parent linking and the extended issue hierarchy. We need additional time to test various solutions before we make a change like this. 

The releases in May will be focused on adding nesting to the timeline view in JWM and the ability to drag-and-drop to re-parent tasks.

Micheal Planck April 14, 2024

So Atlassian is going to do all the work to create full level nesting on timelines for Work Management... but not Software management.

Once the JWM timeline shows all levels, why isn't it exactly the same as the JSM timeline? The only difference between the two now is one shows epics/tasks and the other shows task/subtasks. What's left to be different? Why not just have a single timeline, for all levels, for all products?

Instead, Atlassian will re-write the entire timeline for JSM. Line. By. Line. To achieve exactly the same effect as JWM.

I've said it before and I will say it again: Atlassian does not know how to write a function.

Aleksi Leinonen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

Hi @Meg Christolini , will this also fix the issue with "Group by: Assignee" in list view? Currently it doesn't show Epics and Subtasks. Well subtasks can be seen under the person who is the assignee of its parent ticket, but that's not what I'd like to see. Epics are not visible in this view at all.

Edit: What's even worse is that regular Level 0 issues that are under an Epic are not visible in this view either, even if the assignee is the same on the epic and task. Essentially you can't use any epics in the project if you want to utilize this view.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events