would like to know if you can explain how to use the cross release of plans

Kalos Bonasia April 4, 2023

Iam using jira, datacenter. i therefore have advanced roadmaps at my disposal. I would like to know if you can explain how to use the cross release of plans.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Kalos Bonasia

When you mean cross-release. Do you mean cross-project release management in Advanced Roadmaps?

If so, refer to the link above. If not, please explain further so the community can help. 

Thanks,

Danny

Kalos Bonasia April 18, 2023

@Danny is simple, it's about what normally happens in every company in the world and what Atlassian seems to be failing to handle, from the days at least (2013) when advanced roadmaps was called portfolio for jira or jira portfolio. Let me try to explain. You have a lot of Jira projects, which each have their own set of "releases" (affected versions and fix versions do you understand?). Here... normally a product has a product version, for example "Office 10" and it has components let's say products that form it, again for example Word 1.0, Excel 2.3, Access 11.7 and so on. All together they make Office 10. Let's say now that I want to propose office 11. Which will consist of Word 2.0, Excel 4, Access 98 and Powerpoint 17 ... how do I "plot this cross-project version" called Office 11 on all the jira projects that affect one each Word, Excel, Access, etc.? I noticed that I can't implement the cross release completely, I have to create it project by project first and then associate it. I hope I've clearly explained what I'm trying to do, but if it can't be done let's not worry ... we'll solve it as we always do: by spending tens of thousands more dollars buying yet another plugin ... right?

Suggest an answer